Our Terms & Conditions
In the terms below MK-Bathrooms.com is hereinafter called "the Company" whose registered office is at 30 Lagonda Close, Newport Pagnell, MK16 9BN. and the other contracting party is hereinafter called "the Customer".
1. It is the intention of the Company that all terms of the agreement between the Customer and the Company are contained in this Agreement and in any brochures, catalogues and specifications that may have been provided to the Customer.
2. If for any reason beyond the Company's reasonable control, the Company is unable to supply a particular item or service, the Company will notify the Customer. With the agreement of the Customer the Company will substitute an item with one of the same quality, style and value.
3. The Company will do all that it reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery and/or installation. In the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company, the Company may not be able to do so. In such circumstances the Company will contact the Customer and agree an alternative date.
4. The Customer will also do all that he/she reasonably can to enable delivery and/or installation to take place on the given date. In the case of unforeseen circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Customer, the Customer may not be able to do so. In such circumstances the Customer will contact the Company and agree an alternative date.
5. If at any time the installation is, for a structural or technical difficulty, impractical, the Company shall, or request, provide written reasons for the difficulty to the Customer and may terminate this Agreement. If the Company terminates this Agreement under these conditions then any deposit paid will be refunded. However, if the difficulty in question could not reasonably have been expected to have been anticipated, the Company will not make to the Customer any payment for any loss or damage the Customer may suffer as a result of that termination.
6. The Company does all it reasonably can to ensure the price quoted at the time of the agreed contract is correct. It is recognised that bathroom equipment is a made to measure product. In case the installation has been under-priced for a technical reason beyond the reasonable expectation of the Company, or as the result of a significant calculation error by the Company, then the Company will forthwith inform the Customer and both parties will attempt to agree a revised price for the installation. In the event that a new price cannot be agreed, then either party is entitled to terminate the contract whereupon any deposits will be repaid in full. In circumstances where the incorrect pricing has resulted from an error in information provided by the Customer to the Company with regard to the premises where the bathroom is to be installed, and in particular to the services and drainage available to those premises, and termination of the contract has occurred in accordance with the provisions of this clause, then the Company will not make to the Customer any further payment for any loss the Customer may suffer. However, any deposit paid by the Customer will be repaid in full.
7. The Customer accepts that any variation of works to be carried out (as requested by the Customer) to the agreed installation price as quoted in writing by the Company may incur an additional cost to the Customer.
8. Where the Company has agreed to supply bathroom products, the Company guarantees that the quality of the products will be to a satisfactory standard, quality, and to be fit for purpose. The Company is not responsible for the quality and durability of any bathroom equipment supplied directly by the Customer. Any correct installation then resulting in product failure, uninspected goods deemed later damaged, or any subsequent malfunction of bathroom equipment supplied in this event is the sole responsibility of the Customer for warranty, cost of item/s replacement, and any additional labour cost incurred and requested by the Company to remedy or replace.
9. The Company will not be responsible for the condition, failure, and/or suitability of any pre existing pipe work, circuit, or substrate connected or fixed to as part of any new installation which could not practicably have been inspected or replaced prior to connection or fixing.
10. The Company guarantees all labour and installation fittings & fixings required for a period of one year on completion, and commencing on the date of a fully paid invoice of all work carried out.
11. All bathroom equipment supplied by the Company or Customer is subject to any guarantees and after sales services that are offered by the manufacturers themselves, or where appropriate subject to the terms of any extended warranty scheme.
12. Nothing in this contract confers or purports to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any terms of this contract.
13. It is acknowledged by the customer that the colour of natural wood or stone products may fade or discolour over time due to natural processes and the company accepts no responsibility for such occurrence.
14. The Customer agrees to give access to the premises for the purposes of delivery and/or installation or subsequent visits that may be necessary for completion of the installation.
15. The Company will clear away and dispose of any debris created by the installation or remedial work and will leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition. The Company will not remove for disposal any materials or equipment deemed as hazardous, and should any agreement be made to for specialist disposal, this will be agreed as an additional disposal cost to the Customer.
16. The Customer will be responsible for the Health & Safety of all household occupants and visitors outside of working hours within the working and storage areas, and therefore appropriate caution and protection is advised.
17. The Customer is advised and accepts that the installation may cause damage to decoration. It is anticipated that the bathroom will require redecoration following completion of the installation. This will be the Customer's responsibility and is not included in the installation price unless the price includes any specified decoration or making good within the quotation.
18. The Customer agrees that there will be an available supply of water, and electricity on the premises for the purpose of carrying out the installation and such services will be supplied at no cost to the Company.
19. On delivery or collection, the risk of any loss or damage to the equipment becomes that of the Customer.
20. The Customer will have an adequate insurance in place during the time of the agreed installation in case of loss or theft of any Company materials or equipment left inside the Customer's premises.
21. The Customer will not legally own any equipment or materials supplied until the balance of payment is made by the Customer to the Company. The goods do not become the Customer's until the Customer has paid for them in full and, until such time, the Customer shall keep the goods in good repair, condition and properly protected and insured. The goods are not warranted/guaranteed until payment is received in full.
22. Although the Company may be prepared to agree to certain changes to the original terms of the contract, this will be on the understanding that it does not infringe the Company's full rights under the contract and that it does not prevent the Company from exercising those rights in the future.
23. The Company does not warrant for any installation claim or remedy caused directly or indirectly by consequence of any additional work/s directly contracted or undertaken by the Customer.
24. The Customer agrees that MK-Bathrooms.com may take photographs of the bathroom during and after the installation process and use these in their portfolio without payment or reward.
25. As part of the order process the Company requires the Customer's name and address and other relevant information, and will not be passed to any third party unless expressively requested to do so in law.
26. The Company and the Customer agree that these terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England, and does not affect statutory consumer rights.